Categories provide a helpful way to group related posts together, and to quickly tell readers what a post is about. Categories also make it easier for people to find your content. Categories are similar to, put broader than,tags.
How to create categories
- Go to dashboard
- Click in Posts > Categories
- You can put your own slug too, most of the time it is left blank which means the name of the category itself will be its slug.
- [ For eg. yoursite.com/category/category_name]
- You can put a description if you want.
- Now after adding the category, your category will appear on the right side of the post page.
- You can add more categories in the same manner.